A young lady passed away after being electrocuted when her iPhone dropped while she was bathing.

Olesya Semenova was discovered by her roommate at their apartment in the Russian city Arkhangelsk.

“I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, did not breathe and showed no signs of life,” the distraught friend named Daria, an estate agent, told the emergency operator.

“I was really scared. When I touched her, I got an electric shock. There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.”

Medical personnel revealed that the 24-year-old had passed away while bathing and that her iPhone 8 had dropped into the water when plugged into the socket.

A selfie video from a year ago shows her in her bath.

The Russian emergencies ministry issued a warning after the tragedy, the latest of a number of such fatalities in the country.

“The tragedy once again reminds us that water and an electrical appliance connected to the mains are incompatible.

“The same applies to any mobile device. If you drown a smartphone, the worst thing is its failure.

“But when it is connected to the network, we see what the consequences are.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here